Each treatment cycle must start with an initial consultation. At Myofunction we offer two types of Initial consultations;
- 90minute initial consultation ($140): For treatment of two or more unrelated areas
- 60minute initial consultation ($110): For treatment of one area or two unrelated areas
Please email Matthew at email@example.com if you are needing guidance to which consultation is more appropriate.
What to expect at your consultations
1. Screening Process:
Once your initial consultation has been booked, you will receive a digital client intake health form to fill out completely before arriving to our clinic.
This ultimately creates a more relaxed environment & less rushed process for the patient to be understood. This provides information for your practitioner to understand the reason for your visit and more thorough assessment to be made.
2. Assessment Process:
We are in the industry of movement and we are here to help people optimise your Movement Health, Movement Competency or Movement Performance.
Through the assessment process we measure your body parts and movement. We use the latest evidence-based information that sets the standard of movement patterns.
Just like there is “Normal ranges” for blood pressure there are “Normal ranges” movement. It is our job to evaluate this which provides an insight of what is creating your pain or inhibiting your movement.
3. Treatment (Manual Therapy):
At Myofunction you will receive ample amount of manual therapy time to ensure all areas of concern are met through every consultation.
Your treatment may include:
· Remedial Massage
· Trigger point therapy
· Myofascial Release
· Joint Mobilisations
· Active Release Techniques
· Sports Taping
4. Management plan:
At the end of each consultation you will receive a “Patient Summary” which will involve your tailored plan on how we will move forward.
This summary involves:
- The reason for your visit
- Clinical findings
- What treatment you received
- Evidence based information & video content of specific remedial exercises to help empower you to take control of your life optimise your movement health between visits
- By the end of the initial consultation you will know how many expected follow up treatments there will be so you are aware how long the process will take.
Types of Follow up consultations:
- 90 minutes extended follow up consultation ($140) – For treatment of two or more unrelated areas
- 60 minutes standard follow up consultation ($110) – For treatment of one area or two unrelated
- 45 minutes short follow up consultation ($90) – For treatment of one area
As always, all consultations are covered through private health insurance. Depending of your level of cover will determine how much of a rebate from each consultation you receive.